- Red peppers (about 3-4 – enough to fill a baking tray)
- 1-2 heads of garlic
- EVOO (a few spoonfuls)
- Salt & pepper
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Optional: Other seasonings (I usually use chipotle)
- Heat oven to 430 degrees.
- Cut peppers into halves or quarters.
- Cut the top of garlic head off and wrap in aluminum foil. Line pan with aluminum foil and parchment paper.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), salt, pepper, tiny bit of balsamic vinegar and seasoning of your choice (I used Chipotle and Garlic Lovers Flavor God seasoning).
- Baste both sides of peppers, tomatoes and garlic.
- Cook for 20 mins, flip, baste and check every 15 minutes until peppers start to blacken on the edges.
- Turn off oven and crack the door for another 10 mins. Take out and cool. Save oil and charred bits they are great to add to salad dressing or hummus.