I bought a massive $8 box of discount mangos and ever since I have been pondering possible recipes. I used the rest of the fresh mango for salsa (in my last recipe) and spent many days freezing the rest. Soooo I thought I’d try out a dairy-free mango ice cream 🙆🏻♀️. This recipe is super simple and only has 3 ingredients! Mango, coconut cream and dates. The dates add natural sweetness and they also do not fully freeze so it helps the texture.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 cups frozen mango
- Pour coconut cream in a saucepan over medium.
- Chop dates into pieces and add to coconut cream. Stir and cook until bubbling then turn to low until dates are soft. Turn off and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place coconut cream and dates in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add mango a little bit at a time and blend until smooth.
- Place into a container and freeze. I used a small glass dish.
Note: You can enjoy right away and it will be more of a thick smoothie bowl OR you can let it freeze overnight then thaw for a few minutes, break it up and blend once more for a more ice creamy consistency. Serve plain or with toppings of your choice. I topped mine with fresh passionfruit from the neighbour’s backyard. 😋